Home Forums Public Forum: Online, Ongoing International students’ perspectives about “what is most worthwhile knowledge Reply To: International students’ perspectives about “what is most worthwhile knowledge

Hanmeng Liu
Participant

First of all, we have to leave aside the issue for a while that the exact definition in philosophy, sociology, history. We define the “knowledge” in the problem as the knowledge in our general awareness, and then consider what is the most worthwhile knowledge. Even so, it still can not get a standard answer on the comparison of knowledge. As Dr.Pinar mentioned, economists measure value by risk minimization and benefit maximization, while certain governments tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of a country’s development. Because of this difference, everyone’s initial enlightenment and growth environment. There can only be one relative answer to this question. For example, a child from a poor family can hardly have a broad perspective in his family with limited economic conditions, so the most
valuable knowledge for them is the knowledge that can protect income and changing economic conditions, even if the knowledge may only be compliant The needs of social development.
In my opinion, if this question is to be explored in-depth, the respondents must be based on a wealth of knowledge and experiences. Just like Anita’s comment about history, the stance fo history. The initial historical stance of some people is usually based on the consciousness formed by education.
Because some history may have been adapted by existing regimes. The only way to break this imprisoned mind is to get more knowledge. We must constantly weigh and study among the differences of knowledge before we can have our own judgment and stance. Similarly, I think that self-world is also based on
the personal knowledge base and experience; therefore, Self-knowledge and world-awareness are intertwined.
We learn how to define the world and others firstly, then reflect your differences through the world
and others´╝îthat is the start of self-knowledge.
Response to the relationship between self-knowledge and emotion, I think self-knowledge is combined with emotion, but it is not the same as awareness of emotion. Emotional self-awareness will be an
extremely subjective self-awareness, people are controlled by emotions. However, objective self-knowledge, as I mentioned earlier, get feedback from the world and others, and then objectively screen the available definitions to build a three-dimensional image of yourself in consciousness. This feedback needs to be combined with emotions and then judged through wisdom and experience.
Finally, I think the value of knowledge is difficult to measure and compare absolutely. If an answer is required, it can only be compared with the knowledge that the individual currently has. In addition, I think self-knowledge is actually a kind of wisdom derived from knowledge, and it is the most worthwhile for everyone.